Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm back...kind of.


It's been a while since I did a figure drawing that I felt somewhat good about. This morning was a really good one in my opinion. Not because the drawing was great, but because I felt like my drawing ability to see was slowly returning. I think medium has a lot to do with it. I began with vine charcoal to block in forms and get my proportions right. It's SO forgiving you can move stuff all over while trying to get it right. Once I had that in, I went for the charcoal pencils and compressed charcoal to get the darks and details. I made the mistake of thinking my drawing was good, and then leaning over and looking at Adam Ford's. Not a good idea. But I think this one turned out well. The face leaves a lot to be desired, but that's what I get for leaving it to the last 15 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: